Lean 101: Straightforward Approach to Lean Implementation for Truck Equipment Upfitters
Tuesday, March 6, 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
See what other NTEA member companies have done to move shop productivity to a new level through workplace organization and streamlining custom jobs. This workshop is targeted to business owners and shop managers who want to learn how to get on the path to gaining a minimum 20-percent increase in shop productivity without adding personnel or equipment and without shutting down current operations.
- Lean thinking as a culture
- Successfully addressing challenges within truck equipment distributors and upfitters
- Impacting areas of control versus influence
- Aligning and engaging employees
- Targeting and identifying waste
- Developing straightforward, manageable action plans
Attendees will have the chance to participate in a hands-on upfit exercise modeling shop activity and improvement.
Presented by: Doug Hanawalt, Productivity Improvement Specialist, Purdue Manufacturing Extension Partnership; and Ed Hlava, Productivity Improvement Specialist, Purdue Manufacturing Extension Partnership
Ticket required. This session is not included in any registration package — it is only available separately. In order to ensure an effective learning experience, session attendance is limited to 60 participants.