FMVSS 111 at The Work Truck Show
The new requirements of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard FMVSS 111 regulation — applicable to vehicles with a 10,000-pound or less gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) — began phasing in for altered vehicles May 1, 2017, with a field of view requirement. Full rear visibility conformance — including additional performance requirements for image size, response time, linger time, deactivation, default view and durability — is required by May 1, 2018.
NTEA and The Work Truck Show® 2018 is your resource for information on FMVSS 111 Rear Visibility conformity
- Join us for the session: FMVSS 111 Rear Visibility Full Compliance Requirements: How Commercial Vehicles Are Affected on Tuesday, March 6 from 1:30-2:45 p.m. at The Work Truck Show.
- Installing or relocating OEM rear vision cameras and other modifications can have implications for truck equipment distributors that upfit vehicles in this GVWR range. See live test demonstrations of how companies can conform with FMVSS 111 rear visibility system requirements at The Work Truck Show 2018 in Booth 3400 during the following times:
- Wednesday, March 7 1–1:30 p.m.; 3–3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, March 8 1–1:30 p.m.; 3–3:30 p.m.
- NTEA has developed a test manual and kit to aid in conforming with requirements now available to order:
View more NTEA resources at ntea.com/fmvss111rearvisibility